Potatoes make a perfect side dish and are just about a no-brainer. Garlic herb roasted potatoes? Now we’re talking. These garlic herb potatoes make an excellent side dish for any dinner, since it is a classic that goes with just about everything. The difference between good potatoes and great potatoes is the flavor, the crispiness on the outside, and the smoothness on the inside.
2 lbs. red bliss red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a crosshatch pattern into the cut side of the potatoes.
- Combine the potatoes, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and tarragon. Make sure that the potatoes are fully coated.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer with the cut side face down.
- Roast the potatoes for approximately 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove and serve while still hot.
- BON APPETITE!