At TigerChef, your privacy is a top priority. We will never, EVER, sell, trade, nor otherwise distribute your information without your permission - unless required to do so by law.
Here's information our online store collects, how it's stored, and what action we take.
Regardless of how you connect to the Internet, each time you surf the Internet you are assigned a unique IP Address—a string of numbers. Basically, the IP Address is a unique identifier of the actual Internet account at a specific date and time.
Our system logs IP Addresses solely for the purpose of security and fraud protection. In a case of fraud - i.e. someone using our site to test stolen credit card numbers, the IP Address will be logged, and, as prescribed by law, turned over to authorities.
Cookies and web analytics:
At TigerChef, cookies are used to store specific information, none of which identifies you personally, nor stores logins or password information. Cookies are used here for the following reasons:
- To record session information, such as items you add to your shopping cart.
- To restrict usage of promotions. From time to time we may offer special discounts or coupons, and cookies allow us to restrict usage only to those who qualify.
- For use of certain site features, such as our Wish List and My Account.
A cookie is usually a random number that contains the name of the domain from which the cookie has come and the lifetime of that cookie. Our website uses two types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies: this remains in the cookie file of your browser for the amount of time you specify within your browser. Persistent cookies are used to help us recognize you as a unique visitor, allowing us to personalize content to your liking, and to allow us to anonymously understand how users use our website. You cannot be recognized personally, and as an important note, cookies alone cannot be used to identify you.
- Session cookies: this is a temporary cookie that is deleted when you leave our website. This allows you avoid entering the same information on numerous pages of our website.
Your web browser will allow you to control the behavior of cookies in the browser settings. Please refer to your browser help files for more information. Our website uses google analytics, which enables us to track the behavior of users on our website. To opt out of google analytics, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
What we use your information for:
We use your information to process and fulfill orders, as well as understand the behavior of users on our website.
- When an order is placed, we use your information to fulfill the order and contact you if necessary regarding the order, and after the order for feedback, where applicable.
- We will share your information with a third party in order to check and prevent against fraud.
- We measure the effectiveness of our website through various third party tracking so we can offer the best service and price.
- If requested, we will notify you of product updates and subscribe you to our mailing list.
Email (direct marketing) communications
We may use your information to send you updates via email, text, phone or mail. This includes promotions and offers. We have legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional use. Therefore, in most cases, we do not need your consent to communicate with you for promotional purposes.If consent is needed, we will ask for it clearly. We will never sell your information to a third party organization for marketing purposes. You have the right to unsubscribe from any or all email communications at any given time by clicking the unsubscribe link in our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
When you place an order with us, we collect your name, email address, phone number, shipping address and billing address. We may also collect a company name.
Your contact information provided as a result of an order is used strictly for one, some or all of the following:
- To contact you with questions, requests or updates about the order placed.
- To notify you of any recalls or consumer alerts, or changes to warranty information.
- We may share your information with a third party in order to check and prevent against fraud.
- To inquire, for our own research, about your satisfaction (or negative experience) with a particular product.
Customer Accounts & Payment Data:
No payment information is stored in customer accounts. We realize that other online stores offer this feature, but we've found that the best way to secure our customer's payment information is to simply not store it at all. Our payment gateway encrypts your credit card number and passes it to our processor over a secure connection. We do not have access to the full credit card number.
Customer Accounts are password protected. Our login and account screens, by default, are accessed via SSL (https:// in the address bar). If you should ever reach these pages in a non-secure mode, please be sure to use an existing secure link on our site.
You may opt to receive special emailings or catalog mailings, and you may opt-out of receipt of these messages and mailings at any time. We honor all opt-out requests promptly.
TigerChef has appropriate security measures in place, both online and offline. Our physical facilities are equipped to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of information collected on our Web site. Our online store server is maintained and tested regularly.
If you feel that TigerChef, its employees or its Web site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us for an immediate response from management.
When you submit a review on our website, we will display it with your first name and last initial. We may also display your company name. If you prefer not to display this information, please contact us after submitting your review.
We may edit your review for spelling and grammar corrections. We may also choose to remove parts of the review that displays sensitive information. We will never change the content of your review.
We may choose to display reviews that you submitted, in other areas of our website, in our email marketing content, or in catalog mailings.
Who we share your personal information with:
We will share your personal information, where necessary, with:
- Third parties that help us process your order, such as payment providers, shipping companies, warehouses, etc.
- Other companies within our parent group
- Third parties that we use to run our business efficiently and allow us to improve and optimize our website, such as reporting and analytics systems, marketing agencies, web hosting, search engine providers, communication platforms and review websites.
- When choosing third party providers, we ensure that we are satisfied with the way they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
- If necessary, we will share your information with law enforcement agencies.
We consider all user generated content, such as submitted reviews, images and videos, to be our property and we take the liberty to use it publicly as we see fit.
Our website occasionally links to a third party website. We do not accept responsibility for the websites privacy policies.
- You have the right to access or request a copy of your personal information that we have on file.
- You have the right to require us to rectify any errors in your personal information.
- You have the right to be forgotten: to require us (in certain situations) to delete your personal information.
- You have the right to require us to restrict the processing of your personal information
- You have the right to require us (in certain situations) to provide you with your personal information in a structured, readable format.
- You have the right to object to your personal information being processed for direct marketing.
- You have the right to object the continuous processing of your personal information
- You have the right to not be subject to automated individual decision making.
Your privacy rights under the CCPA
We collect personal information from you when you use our website, which includes chatting with us, contacting us via webform, leaving a review, asking a question, creating an account, and placing an order. The provision of personal information is voluntary but necessary to use our services.
Categories of personal information TigerChef collected in the last 12 months
- Identifiers (i.e. name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit/debit card number)
- Commercial information (i.e. purchase history, products or services purchased)
- Internet or other electronic network activity (i.e. search or browse history)
- Geolocation data (i.e. latitude or longitude)
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (i.e. recording of customer service calls)
- Inferences drawn from any of the above (i.e. characteristics or preferences)
How we use personal information
Personal information that you give us when you use our website and how it may be used:
- Information that identifies you, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number when you create an account or place an order.
- Any information that you give us when chatting, emailing, calling, placing an order, or otherwise communicating with us.
- Information that we use to personalize your experience on our website, including ads, emails, and other relevant offerings.
- Information that we provide to third parties for business purposes, such as fraud prevention.
- Additional information that we are required to collect and process in order to identify or authenticate you, or to verify the information we collected from you, such as a copy of government ID where necessary.
- Information you voluntarily provide us for our extra programs, such as images to use on social media or for contests.
- Information that is automatically provided to us when you use and interact with our website, such as device type, device ID, unique identifier, referrer URL, ad data, page views, etc.
Under the CCPA (California Consumer Protection Act), California residents have the following rights:
- The right to know:You are entitled to request a list of categories of personal information that we collected from you. You also have a right to receive any information, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed, on third party companies to whom TigerChef disclosed personal information about you within the last 12 months.
- The right to delete: You are entitled to request that we delete any personal information that we do not need for legal or legitimate business reasons.
- The right to non-discrimination: We do not discriminate against consumers who choose to exercise their rights under the CCPA or any other law. We will not (unless otherwise permitted by the CCPA) charge you different prices, provide a different level of service, or deny you goods or services.
- The right to opt out of sale of personal information: TigerChef does not and will not sell any customer information to third parties.
- The right to an authorized agent: You have the right, as a California consumer, to have someone else make any requests for you under the CCPA.