Restaurant and catering chafing dishes are indispensable to your professional kitchen. We bring you a wide range of chafing dishes and chafer accessories from top brands including Vollrath, Eastern Tabletop, Buffet Enhancements, Thunder Group, Winco and many more. Our huge selection includes chafer boxes, chafer griddles, induction chafers, electric chafing dishes, sterno fuel chafing dishes, rectangular, oval, square and round chafing dishes, roll top and lift off chafers and more, all made of stainless steel in every style and configuration imaginable, at unbeatable prices.
Serve food hot and fresh with quality chafing dishes from TigerChef.
What are Chafing Dishes?
The term "chafing dish" is derived from the French word "chauffer," which means "to make warm." As such, a chafing dish is a type of food serving vessel that keeps hot food warm for longer than steam table food pans or hotel pans. A chafing dish uses indirect heat to keep its contents warm. The heat source may be from fuel, electricity, or induction, which is used to heat water to produce steam. The steam heats the chafing dish, keeping the food it contains warm.
Chafing dishes are a crucial addition to most foodservice businesses. Not only do chafing dishes act as a vessel to keep food hot, but they also ensure food safety by preventing food from spoiling. They are mostly used on buffet tables in restaurants, catering services, and hotels but as they grow in popularity, they can also be found in private homes and used for dinner or holiday parties. Chafing dishes also come in various sizes and shapes. There are traditional chafing dishes with a wide but shallow pan and a cover, and coffee chafer urns to keep beverages hot. Chafer griddles, on the other hand, keep dry, food like pancakes or grilled meat, warm.
Basic Elements of a Chafing Dish Buffet Set
- Chafing Food Pans: The main part of a chafing dish, the chafing food pan holds the food above the water pan, keeping it warm.
- Chafing Water Pan Also important is the water pan that holds the hot water that creates the steam which keeps food warm and moist in the food pan.
- Chafing Pan Lid: The lid seals in moisture, heat, and flavor while also keeping out dust and other airborne contaminants.
- Chafing Racks/Frames: Chafing racks or frames are made from heavy gauge steel wire, stainless steel, or another material, designed to elevate the chafer on the table.
- Chafing Fuel: The fuel is the odorless, smokeless substance that keeps the food inside chafing dishes hot enough to maintain optimal serving temperatures.
- Serving Utensils: From spatulas to serving spoons, the serving utensils make it easy to transfer food from food pans to plates and bowls.
Get these and more from TigerChef.