Winco CBF-1218 Flexible Color-Coded Cutting Mat Set 18" x 12"
- Ships in 2-3 days
- $10 Amazon gift card when you spend $100. Use code: GIFT10.
- $20 Amazon gift card when you spend $250. Use code: GIFT20.
- $35 Amazon gift card when you spend $500. Use code: GIFT35.
Customers who viewed this also viewed:
Product Details for Winco Flexible Color-Coded Cutting Mat Set 18" x 12"
Add safety and prevent cross-contamination with the Winco CBF-1218 Flexible Color-Coded Cutting Mat Set 18" x 12" Crafted from polyethylene, these cutting mats are strong enough to handle cutting, slicing and chopping no matter which type of knife you use, while their thin and flexible design makes it easy to transfer food from the mat into a bowl or skillet or pot.
These cutting mats are color-coded to prevent cross contamination: use blue for seafood, green for vegetables and fruits, red for raw meat, yellow for poultry, white for dairy, and brown for cooked meat and maintain health and sanitation in your food service establishment.
- Polyethylene construction
- Color coded for added health and sanitation
- BPA free
- NSF certified
- Includes blue, green, red, yellow, white and brown mats
- Dimensions: 18" x 12" x 1/16" (1.4mm thick)
This item has been tested to meet strict standards for public health protection.
- 2.3 lbs
- Flexible Cutting Mats
- NSF Listed:
- Product Length:
- Product Width:
Work great. Love them!
This is a very good set of cutting mats. The material is strong enough to withstand sharp blades, yet it does not dull your knife. I find it provides a stable cutting surface, and the texture is effective at preventing food from slipping around.
If you've never used a cutting mat before, there are three important things you should know:
1. Flexible cutting mats will slip on the counter top... a lot, to the point of being unusable. Unlike with a cutting board, the wet towel does not work very well because it interferes with the rigidity of the surface. The secret is to use a piece of non-slip shelf liner.
2. The material is cut resistant, but it will not stop a cleaver or even a knife going down tip first. These will go right through. Never use a cleaver with a cutting mat. Or for tasks where you are splitting squash, watermelon, or other hard foods, with a lot of force behind the knife.
3. Cutting mats tend to wear much faster than cutting boards, and are more prone to warping. Especially if placed in the dishwasher. A cutting mat will not last for years. Expect to replace them regularly.
+the mat grips the knife edge well
+if using the suggestion above, this mat provides a rigid and stable cutting surface
+the cutting surface is textured to help prevent food from slipping
+flexibility makes it easy to transfer food
+available in large enough sizes that it is comfortable to work with.
+based on wear pattern observed so far and thickness, I expect one of these mats will last no more than 6 months of moderate (daily) use. The entire set should last several years. I will provide an update to this review in the future.
-if your knife slips downward point-first, it will go right through the cutting mat
Fit and Finish: 5/5
+ready to use out of box.
+no cracks, dents, or imperfections
-one of the mats has some glue residue from a label that is a little hard to clean
+Very affordable. Even though a cutting mat will not last as long as a board, replacing them is very cheap.
Polyethylene cutting mats like these ones are generally dishwasher safe, but washing them this way reduce their lifespan. I recommend hand-washing with warm (not hot) water, and sanitizing using bleach as per FDA guidelines